Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Phase 2, Day 1 (Details)

Off to a rough start!

Seriously, why do I bake?  I HATE having tasty treats in the house because I'm too tempted to partake.  NO MORE TREATS FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK!  I've got haystacks, sweet marie bars, peanut butter cookies.... too much temptation for one person to handle. 

Target Calorie Intake: 1500
Actual Calorie Intake: 2085

I also didn't work out like I'd hoped.  Got caught up with mommy duties- dinner, bathing children, folding laundry- and then wound up with not enough time to fit my workout in.  I'm going to start getting up a half-hour early to do a morning workout.  Thankfully I don't work for the next 5 days, which will give me PLENTY of time to fit workouts in.  I DID however manage to play Super Hula Hoop on the Wii Fit for 10 minutes, which burned 80 calories.  I burn an extra 200 calories per day breastfeeding (yes, I'm still nursing.  Still trying to wean.  My son is 16 months old now- but he's in the 25th percentile for height and weight, so he's VERY small for his age.  Small babies are hard to wean!). 

Target calories burned through exercise:  275
Actual calories burned through exercise: 80

If there's anything bad about the days you don't do so well, it's that you learn where your failures are and how to improve the next day!  Fluid intake wasn't ideal yesterday, but I DID manage to drink 6 cups of water so I was about 75% there! 

Today is already much better.  Have drank 3 cups of water so far.  It's lovely outside, so I'll take the boys for a walk as soon as I get home and that should burn another 200 calories. 

Target daily deficit:  811
Actual daily deficit:  31 (+200 nursing calories).


So, my deficit for the day was only 231 calories yesterday.  At that rate, it would take me 15 days to lose one pound!  Not good enough.  Time to ramp up.  Feeling motivated.

No comments: