Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Another day...

Here I go again....

Yesterday was another pretty good day.  Drank lots, ate well, feeling good. 

Still haven't trouble fitting exercise in.  I know I HAVE the time- I exercised every day in January, just about- but how to re-figure out HOW to put the exercise in is a different story.  Because I'm not exercising, it's okay to eat fewer calories without risk of going into starvation mode.  I always boost my food intake when I'm working out, eat most of my exercise calories.

I had a peanut butter and banana wrap yesterday for breakfast, with a bit of chopped pecans- it was delicious.  For lunch it was a Gourmet Steamers (Red pepper alfredo) meal and for dinner I had half a can of tuna in half a whole wheat pita with a couple pickles and some lettuce.  Through the day I snacked on strawberries, grapes, laughing cow cheese, carrots... and I had a 100-calorie pack of oreo thinsations after dinner.

Consumed: 1360kcal (-200 nursing calories)
Burned: 0kcal (it was Glee night!  Barely even did housework...)
Total deficit: 876kcal
Target deficit: 811kcal

So my total deficit for the day was pretty good.  Probably should have eaten a touch more but the thing is, 200 is just a guess when it comes to nursing calories- I could be burning less than that.  Most nursing mothers burn 200-500 calories per day, but since Logan's a toddler he doesn't nurse as much as he once did, so I'm counting calories on the lower end of the scale. 

Anyways, on Monday I seemed to have gained about two pounds (not surprising- a combination of water retention and less-than-ideal eating over the weekend) but it's already dropped off and then some.  I retain water so badly and my weight fluctuates up and down so much, sometimes it's hard to get a handle on where I really 'am'.  We'll check back next Monday and see where I'm at.

God, these last 10 pounds are HARD TO SHAKE!

On the plus side, I'm taking Ritalin now and one of the side effects is weight loss.  Ha!  I think this is the first time I've ever HOPED for a side effect.... ;)

No comments: