Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Oh Period, Where Art Thou?

It's funny, because I never thought I'd find myself in a position where I was HOPING my period would start (except for, of course, in situations where I had pregnancy scares, lol) but that's where I'm at now.  It was due at the beginning of the week but still nothing... though I've felt 'on the verge' for over a week now.  I'm puffy, I'm bloated- bring it on!!!!!

That said, aside from that, feeling good right about now.  Weighed myself this morning and it was slightly down, though I won't do an official weigh-in until Friday. 

Didn't have a chance to update my blog yesterday- was busy doing month-end stuff.  Today I had a performance appraisal that went EXCEPTIONALLY well and will result in me having a nice little $1.46/hr wage increase.  Boo-yah!  I'm pretty stoked about that.  Now I'm caught up and done celebrating so time for me to get this organized....

Monday:
This day I didn't get a lot done exercise-wise except for basic housework, which I don't count, because it's not 'above and beyond' my normal routine.  I stayed pretty close to my target calorie range, and even allowed myself an extra small snack or two to 'reassure' my body that it wasn't starving after the weekend's burn-fest.  I work around the premise of 'calorie zig-zagging' which means that instead of eating a set amount of calories per day, sometime's it's good to keep your body guessing by eating more some days and less others.  A lot of people have great success with it, and it seems to work for me.... so if I have a few days of REALLY big deficits, I usually follow it up with a day or two of smaller deficits.

Consumed: 1524kcal (-200 nursing calories)
Burned: 0kcal
Total deficit: 712kcal
Target deficit: 811kcal

Tuesday:
COULDN'T STOP SNACKING this day.  This is how I know my TOM is around the corner 'cause I ate ice cream and fruit snacks, lol.  And it was good.  And so worth it.  But my calorie count was a little high, so it has to be a 'rare occassion' type of thing.  Also didn't do anything exercise-wise other than the usual.  Watched 90210, Glee and Avatar.  Yay for being a couch potato!

Consumed: 1876kcal (-200 nursing calories)
Burned: 0kcal
Total deficit: 360kcal
Target deficit: 811kcal

So, yeah, didn't do toooooo well yesterday but at least I still had SOME sort of a deficit, so it could have been worse.  DEF hope my TOM starts today so that the water weight is shed by Friday.  I'm excited to see where that would put me!

No comments: