Monday, April 19, 2010

Aches & Pains

Was going to start Chalean Extreme yesterday but couldn't find a freaking 40 minute window to exercise in- how sad is that!?  Def. planning on getting a workout in today.  At the end of the day, I don't think it matters WHAT exercise I do (I have Chalean workouts, Insanity workouts, 10 Minute Trainer workouts.  I've got 30 Day Shred, Tae Bo, and several Pilates DVDs.  I also have JMFU2010, The Biggest Loser and Wii Fit for the Wii), as long as I'm doing exercises and burning calories. 

On the plus side, I HAVE been living up to my promise to myself and becoming more active again.  On Saturday I went golfing for 2h23m and burned 958 calories (thank you Polar f6 HRM!).  UNFORTUNATELY I spent much of Saturday dealing with the nibbly-nibblies and ate back all those calories and then some.  Faaaaaack.

Sunday, which was the target date for starting Chalean, was a lot better for me.  And it was a huge victory because I ate well on a weekend, which is always almost impossible for me.  Like I said, I didn't get a formal workout in, but that's because I was so busy with housework and renos.  I hung shelves and reorganized our bedroom closet.  Moved furniture, organized MORE shit... ugh.  Actually, it was AWESOME because I'm not always so productive.  Wish I'd worn my HRM but MFP gave me an estimated calorie burn of 584 for three hours of work.  I know I worked more than 3 hours, but I prefer to err on the conservative side when estimating caloric burn without the help of my HRM.

Like I said last entry (god, I suck at writing over the weekends) I'm still really trying to focus on boosting my overall fruit/veggie intake.  I'm also working on adding healthy fats to my diet, because apparently I don't do enough of that.  I bought myself some ground flax seed, which I've been adding to my food to give it a nice boost of Omega-3 fatty acids, and fibre. 

Yesterday I had a cup of Fibre1 raisin bran cereal for breakfast, with a half a cup of skim milk.  I snacked on some strawberries in the afternoon and for lunch I had a half a can of tuna in a half a whole wheat pita, with iceberg lettuce and 5 bread and butter pickles (btw: YUM!).  I snacked on some pecan halves  later on in the day and for dinner I had half a baked chicken breast with lemon spinach couscous and zucchini, spring peas and carrots. 

I DID nibble on some jellybeans during the day, but I counted and tracked them, so I didn't go overboard.  And I had some Oreos Thinsations for dessert.  Drank lots of water through the day as well.

I've started tracking my nursing calories as a food deficit instead of an exercise (on MFP) because not only does nursing burn calories but it also steals nutrients away from me.  I am STILL working on weaning Logan, and it's... a work in progress.  The child has discovered the fine art of the tantrum, and he wields that tool like no child I've ever seen.  On the plus side, nursing burns calories and has kept him SUPER healthy thus far so at least there's that.

Here's yesterday's numbers:

Consumed: 1300kcal (-200 nursing calories)
Burned: 584kcal
Total Deficit: 1520kcal
Target Deficit: 811

So, I did pretty well diet-wise and exercise-wise, but didn't consume nearly enough calories.  I usually try to keep my deficit closer to 1000kcal max (which should equal about 2 pounds a week of loss) and my target is 811.  I just got super-focused on my house projects and all the work I was doing and, honestly, forgot to eat.

I've previously talked a bit about focus issues, and how I have a difficult time focusing on any weight-loss 'regime'.  Sometimes my lack of focus causes me to nibble without me even realizing I'm doing it.  Tomorrow I've got an appointment with a Dr. to talk about those focus issues and hopefully address them.  I'm looking forward to it because I really want to start feeling more 'normal', with a little more clarity and a little less noise inside my head.  Wish me luck!

No comments: