Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day 23 - Veggies and Planning! (+Weigh In)

So it's been a while since I last posted.  To be honest, it's just difficult as hell to update my blog OR my livejournal during the weekend.  To actually sit down and type something coherent when little buggers are tugging at my shirt or screaming or being... little buggers?  Difficult, very difficult. 

I've decided that I need a direction, fitness-wise.  I'm losing weight, but not at the rate I was when I was working out every day.  And since I'm down to the last 10-15 pounds, I really need to push myself that extra mile!

I am thinking of starting Chalean Extreme this Sunday.  The program is a 90 day one, and is supposed to be REALLY good for getting those extra pounds down. 

I'm also trying to really focus on my intake of fruit and veggies.  I tend to do an ok job of eating what I'm supposed to during the day (calorie-wise) but I seriously don't eat enough of the green stuff.  Nor do I get enough healthy fats, but that's a different matter entirely. 

I've done very well in other areas.  That is, I RARELY eat red meat anymore, my sodium levels are (usually) down.  I've been drinking lots of water.  But it's so hard to stay on track during the weekends.  During the week, it's easy to sit at my desk all day chugging water.  And I can't nibble because I pack my lunch in the mornings and don't have the $$ to buy anything extra.  The real trick is that period of time between when I get home from work, and when I go to bed.  I think I've mentioned that before. 

Anyways, I got busy doing work stuff yesterday and didn't record my weigh-in.  Ooops!  As always, I weight more on Mondays than I did the following Friday, because I tend to eat too much sodium during the weekends and retain water!  But I have to stay true to what the scale says on MONDAY because that's when I do my weigh-ins, and I want the total amount loss to be tracked accurately.  That said....

Start weight: 148.4lbs

LW Weight: 146
Current Weight: 145

So a pound down, not too bad!  I was 143.1 on Friday, though!  Gotta make sure I keep a better eye on that weekend sodium and water intake!
Now... off to plan my workouts for next week!

No comments: