Monday, March 17, 2008

Day Seven

Journal Entry #7
For the Date Of: March 16/08


Food Eaten:

Yesterday was my free-for all, no keeping-track day. The first one I’ve had all week. I started off well- having special K red berries for breakfast, an apple for a snack, and leftover chicken breast with rice and asparagus for lunch. Then I baked a pie, and had a slice of that. For supper, I had two taquitos from 7-11, another piece of pie, and a bunch of kettle corn. Yikes! You know it’s funny, even though it was my ‘cheat day’, I still felt like crap for eating that stuff, like it was undoing all my hard work. I really shouldn’t torture myself, but it bothers me. Still, I know I could have done a lot worse than I did- and it’s okay, so long as I stay on track for the rest of the week, until next Sunday.


Workouts:

I know that Sundays are supposed to be one of my ‘rest days’ but I just couldn’t bring myself not to exercise. I’m addicted! Plus I had that one day during the week when I didn’t do anything so I had to make up for it!

I’ve noticed lately that I’m hardly sore at all after doing my Pilates workouts. It occurred to me- I’m getting too advanced for the DVD I’ve been using! So I switched it up and put a harder one on. I’m going to alternate days now, doing the intermediate pilates one days, then the easier one the next. When I stop ‘feeling the burn’ from that, I’ll change it to strictly intermediate pilates- then maybe combine it with some advanced pilates. It feels GREAT knowing that I’ve worked myself to next level!

I spent 30 minutes doing intermediate pilates, targeting my buns and thighs, arms and abs. Also took a 10-minute walk with my son, to get my blood moving. Felt GREAT! Weighed myself, saw I’d lost two pounds. Yay! What’s even better is that, though the scale isn’t saying that I’m losing weight, I can feel it. My thighs and arms already are feeling a lot harder, and I’m gaining strength.

Total workout time: 40 minutes

Additonal Comments:

As of this day, I’ve officially been on this diet/exercise for one week! I know this is going to sound bad but it’s the longest I’ve ever been able to focus on my goal. I’ve spent the past two years trying to lose weight and it’s always been a yo-yo. I’ll do good for two or three days, then fall off the wagon. I feel like I’m just always trying to ‘climb back on’. It’s been a constant struggle. While I’ve ONLY been working out for a week, it’s also a huge milestone for me, personally. I’m going to take this opportunity to give myself a huge pat on the back and congratulate myself on the hard work and remind myself to keep it up! Probably one on the most important things about losing weight is having someone to cheer you on- even if it’s just you!

No comments: