Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Day Two

Journal Entry #2
For the Date Of: March 11/08


Food Eaten:

I’m starting to learn that I do very well during the day as far as my food choices go- but then I get home, and everything goes downhill.

Yesterday, I had oatmeal for breakfast. For lunch, a six-inch cold cut trio sandwich. Drank lots of water. Had a piece of chocolate, but that’s okay, as long as I don’t go overboard. Left work, went home- and again, I was STARVING. For lack of healthy options and to fill my empty belly, I again had French fries (Oh my god, I can’t believe I just admitted to having them two days in a row!!!) and then some chocolate afterwards. I’m finding that part of the challenge is that my son is picky and my husband has one of those crazy metabolisms where he eats whatever he wants and doesn’t gain a pound. If I eat what they’re eating, I’m in trouble.

To combat that, I’ve decided that I’m going to start planning my meals in advance so that I’m not left hemming and hawing over what to cook- then winding up so hungry and frustrated I just make what’s easy.


Workouts:

Unfortunately, I was not able to go to the gym last night. While my gym DOES have child-minding, they have a rule about bringing sick children in who will then make the other kids sick… etc. My son’s caught a bit of a cold, so he was a bit of a shlub last night, and a mama’s boy. He wanted to be by me the whole time! The goal for the day was to do some stretching, 20-30 minutes of cardio and an ab workout. Fortunately, I was able to get in a good 20-25 minutes of cardio altogether yesterday. Unfortunately, I didn’t do the ab workout.

Since my son is still sick, in all likelihood I will not be able to go to the gym tonight to do my full-body strength training and cardio. I will aim to do 20 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of pilates, focusing on my abs, buns and thighs and arms. I consider yesterday to be a bust- but I guess it’s not a TOTAL failure, considering I still got in some good cardio and I ate healthy for the majority of the day. I am also learning from my mistakes, which is important. If you’re going to be making mistakes, you should at least learn from them, right?

Total workout time: 25 minutes

No comments: